Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Dalton's time with Jace and Tessa

Since I have so much to catch up on I'm going to list what's been going on since about end of January to current with topics that I write about. Our good friends Destiny and Joey have two beautiful children Jace and Tessa. Jace is a little older than Dalton and Tessa is a little younger but Dalton really loves both of them. On superbowl Sunday this year we went to their house and that's really the only pictures I have of them for now the rest are just stories. On superbowl the kids had alot of fun together. Joey had bought them a picnic table that they had in their living room for the kids to play on and let me tell you they definitely LOVED that. Dalton and Jace were trying to stand and climb on it while I was having a break down picturing one of them falling and breaking their neck and little Miss Tessa was standing up on it trying to be a part of their game they were playing it was so cute. We were going for the Saints, well Joey was going for the colts but the rest of us were rooting for New Orleans so we were super happy when they won!!! As you can see Dalton is in his yellow shirt:) We ate some really good guacamole that Destiny "made from scratch" and it was just amazing. Then we ate some tamales and queso and just had fun chilling out. Just as we were relaxing Destiny and I realized oh no we both had school work that we had to do and it was due by 10 pm that night. Well as soon as the game was over we went into the study and tried to get our work done while Dalton and Jace kept coming in and wanting to touch EVERYTHING and were crying for us. We kept Tessa in the office but we sent the boys with their daddys in the living room and it was extremely hard for us to concentrate because we REALLY wanted to be in the other room with them. This semester I took a full load on top of working and I will admit it is very hard to find time to do everything and want to actually go and do school work. I would rather just spend all my time hanging out and enjoying Dalton and Chantz. Luckily I will hopefully graduate with my bachelors in Fall of 2011 so that means not too much longer with the craziness.

*Superbowl Sunday was where it all began with the Cruise:):) that we are all four leaving for in a couple of days woohoo!!!*

Another very funny time with the Trevinos was my birthday dinner which was in March. We wen to eat at Olive Garden with them and the kids were hilarious. At first neither of them wanted to sit there just right and one would scream and then the other would scream and then this one didn't want to sit in their chairs so then that one didn't want to sit in their chair and I know this sounds crazy but it was easier knowing that we are not the only ones in America that have a child who acts up in restaurants. Then they started to get the contagious laughs. It's hilarious to watch them one with bust out laughing so the other one does too and NONE of us have any clue what they are laughing about. Finally near the end of the meal we got a cheescake that Dalton and Jace mostly ate and we let them out of their chairs for a minute. Well they thought that was the coolest thing ever and were playing chase and like they were cops and robbers or something around the other table that noone was sitting at. It was so cute to hear them talk to each other and then to do the same thing it's like they were all in their own world and were like ok you go do this and I'll go do that.:):)

And another great memory just happened not that long ago when we went to go shopping for some bathing suits and outfits for the cruise. Well Destiny and I decided to go on Good Friday since Chantz and Joey both had to work. It was a very good eye opening experience for us to realize we would die if we were single moms. We are so thankful for what our husbands do and all of their help with the kids. First one our list was Target. Well as soon as I got there Dalton was grabbing the bathing suits off the rack and I kept telling him hey Jace is coming and if you do that again you're not going to get to play with him and his face would light up and he would say "jace?" it was really sweet!!! Well then Destiny and I were looking around and picked out all the bathing suits we liked and decided to go try on our twenty selections haha. THAT was an experience. We has our kids in our own rooms until Dalton and Jace thought it was cool to go back and forth. Dalton ended up with Destiny and Jace and Tessa and I was calmly putting on each and every outfit while poor Destiny was pulling kids up from crawling out and stopping them from playing wrestling and I constantly heard her saying "guys guys guys". I felt so bad :(but it was nice to try on my clothes in my room hahaha. Well then we were really "deciding" which ones we wanted to buy and which ones we were going to put back. Dalton had this little ball that is one that you would win out of those quarter machines and of course he was waving it around right in front of Jace so then we had to go find balls for them to play with. While we're still trying to decide on what to buy we're in the sports toy aisle where they see water guns and HUGE blow up balls and bats and all kinds of stuff that they start yelling for after they see we only gave them a regular bouncy ball to play with. So we got two bouncy balls and moved to another area of the store. Well then they decided to argue about who was going to have which ball (one was lightning mcqueen and the other was sponge bob). So then we threw both of the balls down one of the aisles and then they ALL started screaming. So we picked up one ball and told them look roll it back and forth to each other in the big part of the basket. Well they thought that was fine until they didn't want to toss it anymore and instead just keep it for themselves. So finally I got precious Tessa and once again I gave Destiny the two terrors and we all went to check out. My check out was so nice and peaceful the lady was telling me how cute my daughter was and I kept yelling to Destiny hey she thinks my daughter is cute:):) and Tessa was smiling and cooing and being adorable and then we got finished and went to Destiny's line and the boys are asking the cashier where his balls are. Destiny and I just died laughing because she gave the ball that they had been playing with to him and said ok guys it's his ball now so they were asking him where's your balls and where'd they go. And of course they were laughing and acting silly the whole time. We decided at this point to feed them so we took them to Guadalajaras. BIG mistake. Jace and Dalton wanted nothing to do with their food and only wanted to throw their crayons and spill salsa EVERYWHERE on their clothes. We tried to put "cool magic capes" on them to keep the drips off their shirts well nope they didn't want anything to do with that. They would just rip them right off. So we paid the bill and took them out to the waterfall to LOOK at the water. Well Dalton started trying to climb into the fountain and so we let them throw a couple of coins and went to load them in the car. I went to take Tessa because Dalton wanted Jace very bad and wouldn't even get into the car without him so while I'm loading Tessa up Dalton and Jace grabbed rocks off the ground and Dalton threw his right into someone's car. I was so embarassed and luckily it didn't leave a mark or anything but they quickly got loaded into Destiny's car and off we went to another store. When we got to Upscale for less we quickly realized that we needed more than just one stroller so we ran to my house to get another one so both boys could sit in there and we could just hold Tessa. Well when we got back to the store they were all sleeping and like an idiot I spoke too soon and said oh it's going to be so peaceful and calm and then boom it's like something triggered them and all three woke up instantly. So we took all of them into the store and once again had a show in the dressing rooms where they both tried to eat someone's old gum that was stuck on the side of the bench. Which that is absolutely discusting and I have honestly never done that but now I get extremely grosed out by how many people do because I mean it seems like everywhere we go Dalton finds someone's gum laying around and tries to get it. Anyways we ended up actually doing pretty well and finding some really good deals throughout the day. To end this I would just like to add that now when I go shopping and I'm like omg what's with all the caos I think about how it was before we had kids and how boring it was I mean now we have so much flavor and excitement and it's so fun and funny and I know when we're in the moment it seems stressful or whatever but right after and then every day after that it's so great to look back and see those memories. I mean we were making memories while we were shopping. Before it was like ok meet me here and we'll go do this and there was nothing else to it now we forget things or pull our hair out or whatever but it's so much more fun and exciting and we get to spend the time with the people who make us most happy. Even though they may have been acting up it was still adorable to see them all together like three little ducklings and they are all just so precious and bring so much joy to our lives. I know we'll always look back on this day and just laugh at how silly and crazy our shopping trip turned out to be:)

*We also spent St Patricks Day with them but I don't have those photos uploaded yet so when I get them on here I will post them*






2 comments:

Destiny Trevino said...

I just read this ENTIRE thing :). Its so funny how I can forget things soooo easily like us doing our homework after the superbowl game. We have def spent a lot of time together with the kids these past few months! & Almost everytime we get together the kids are being outrageous, but funny. Thankfully Saturday morning we board a ship for vacation and dont have to worry about who gets the ball next lol. I know were going to miss them terribly but when I read back on all they put us through (haha) it'll be nice to have girl talk without them screaming at us.

I laughed so hard at my desk that people were asking what I was laughing at. I explained the "Where's your balls" situation here at work. HAHA.

Anonymous said...

That was entertaining to read :-) Although, I felt exhausted thinking about those situations with Logan - that's great you were able to have fun and not let the chaos get to you!

I'm glad you had a good Easter - of course our boys would have the same Lightning McQueen basket :-) I imagine the "why" is coming soon from Logan. . .

Thank you for the prayers for my friend who is trying to get pregnant and also thanks for the birthday wish for Logan this weekend! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails