Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 2 and 3 in McAllen for Valentines Day

Well these pictures are completely in backawards order but at least they are all here and together:) Saturday we went to Incredible Pizza with Aunt Martha and had a blast. When we left we went for a walk since the weather down in McAllen was just beautiful. It was freezing back at home and so it was so nice to be in the 70s with sunshine and a nice breeze. While Aunt Letty and Grandma were at the doctors we played in Aunt Martha's backyard. Dalton loved playing with the leaves and helping her do yardwork. The picture of him with the rake just cracks me up because even though that rake is WAY bigger than him he was so determined to make it move and get it to bring all of the leaves together. Dalton and Aunt Martha had a ton of fun playing together probably because they are both energizer bunnies and just keep going and going and Chantz and I are not and we eventually burn out haha. I wish I had their energy. Later we went back to Grandma and Grandpas house and ate some WONDERFUL tamales. After eating we went to visit with one of Aunt Letty's friends. We shared some drinks and ate some chicken wings and hung out for a little while with her. We also got to see her Beautiful house that I almost got lost in it was so big. She was so sweet and we had such a good time meeting her. I spent most of the time talking with my cousin Heather who I had not seen since I was very small maybe not even in elementary school yet. She is pregnant right now and so we were just going on and on about pregnancy and babies and everything else that us girls talk about:) I am so glad that I got to see her I had been waiting so long to really "meet" her and her sisters since I really have no memory of them so it was like meeting her for the first time again. When we left from visiting we went back to Grandma and Grandpas and then went home to Aunt Martha's a watch a movie with Dalton. Dalton got two little valentines presents while we were at HEB earlier that day that he loved. One was dora and diego chocholate hearts and the other was a heart balloon that he kept hitting me in the head with. We loved that HEB because they were sampling so many things and of course Aunt Martha and I had to try EVERY SINGLE one hahaha. Chantz bought me some chocolate covered strawberries since I can never have enough of those:) which was very sweet of him and yummy!!! The next day when we woke up we spent the morning at Grandpa and Grandmas house until it was time to leave. Grandpa cooked us the best breakfast that was so filling I thought I was going to pop. Of course when we went to leave it was hard. I miss them so much and wish they lived closer that I could see them more than I am able to and so of course this was the time that the tears started flowing. I am such a believer in not taking time for granted and I am so glad that I got to be with them these couple of days before it was too late. We are planning on going back down there around Dalton's birthday so that we can have a birthday party for him that they can attend as well as the rest of the family. They just can't sit in the car that long to be traveling all the way to Houston so we are hopefully going to be able to get down there and spend some more time with them. We love you guys so much and there aren't even words that can describe how wonderful it was to have that time together:):):)



This picture was of little Dalton looking at me in the car like Mom how much longer hahaha.



































































2 comments:

Destiny Trevino said...

Aww these photos are soo good. You and chantz are adorable lol. & the picture of Dalton kissing his aunt is too precious!

Anonymous said...

You are right, that picture of Dalton and the rake is GREAT! How cute that he wanted to rake leaves :-) That is also nice that you were able to catch up with your cousin. Hope you had a happy Easter!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails