Well today is the day that our little munchkin turns 2!!! It is very hard for me to think that two years ago right now I was in labor. I remember my Aunt Carol kept telling me "he's waiting til after 4 o'clock so I can be there when he comes" and I kept telling her to shut up because I wanted him out. Well in the long run she was right. Dalton was born at 5:22pm. I remember that morning was when my induction was scheduled at 38 weeks because I was so ready to have him and I couldn't breathe anymore he was taking up all my room. I called at 730 am and they told me to call back at 8 when the morning shift came in because they would be able to tell me for sure if they could get me in or not. I walked and walked and walked with my brother around my mom's neighborhood while I waited and finally at 8 they told me to come around 9 to 930. When we got there at 9 I saw a bunch of people waiting to get into rooms and so I knew that I had to start acting like I was in pain otherwise my room would have been gone. So I started saying oh my goodness oh my goodness haha. Well they got me in a room and were taking their time until I told them that I had just been to the doctor yesterday and he said I was about 4cm dialted and she said "well omg why didn't you say anything" and started to do things much quicker. When they came to check me and I was at 6cm so I thought it was going to be a quick labor but boy was I wrong. Around noon the nurse came in and said that she was switching to other rooms and introduced me to the nurse that I would be having now. Well this made things worse because I didn't like how she was acting at all. She slowed my petocin down because she said I was dialating too fast and she didn't want to have to take the doctor out of his office. Yeah that sounds like a great plan lets just leave Angela here going through pain for a couple more hours I mean it's not big deal right. Well then she decided it was time to start pushing around 4:40. She let me push for like fifteen minutes and then said "ok he's right here let me go call the doctor now". Oh that's wonderful I've been pushing my guts out and you haven't even called the doctor so now all the pushing to get him farther down he's just going to get sucked right back up in the time it takes the doctor to get here. FINALLY, I was relieved when I saw Dr Moore come in. He put all of those nurses in check within seconds and told them to get that blood pressure cup off of me now that I should not have that on while I was pushing and why did they leave me dialted for so long and not call him. Only my mom and Chantz were in the room and bless Chantz's heart he was so excited and I think his smile touched each of his eyes that's how big it was but all I could do was just yell at him and tell him I'm tired and to get out of my face he was crowding me. I decided that I was tired of pushing and I was not going to anymore they needed to do something else to get him out. So Dr Moore asked me if I could push just one more time and did I care if I would get cut. I told him no I could care less what happens just get him out and I'm not helping. So one more push and out poped Dalton. All I kept saying was wow I didn't even have to get cut I didn't even have to get cut and chantz and my mom just looked at me like yeah honey sure. Not only did I have to get cut but Dalton was vaccumed out as well. Surprisingly he didn't have that cone head shape or anything though and when we took him to the pediatrician they didn't believe me that he was vaccumed because they said his head was too perfect of a shape for him to have been so that was a good thing. I had always imagined that it would be discusting to have a baby with all that junk all over them to touch you and that I would only want to hold them after they were clean. Boy as soon as I saw his head pop out I wanted him to be on me and with me and noone else. I just wanted to hold him and never let him go. But they did have to take him for a minute to weigh him and check his length and clean him up so I just sat there and cried tears of joy and kept thanking God for the blessing he had just given me. It was the best day of my life and everytime I think about it still to this day I get so emotional and start getting teary eyed.
Daddy and I love you more than anything in the world Dalton and we would do anything for you. You are the greatest blessing we have been given and we thank God for you every day. We know you are very talented and special and will do great things with your life. We truly are so greatful to be parents to such an amazing little boy:) We hope this birthday is wonderful for you!! Happy Birthday baby!!!
Now onto today....this morning when Dalton woke up Chantz and I both went over to him and were saying good morning happy birthday baby we love you and he was just looking at us like please get out of my face. When he finally became "awake" he sat up and we asked him whose birthday is it today and he said "dalton" and then we said how old are you turning today and he said "two". The way he said it had the sound like "duh" would sound so it was cracking us up. He wanted to do his hair today since it was his birthday so I put him in my sink and he grabbed his hair gel and opened my hand to put some in. When I put it in his hair he grabbed the brush and started to try to comb it and I helped him a little put it in the right place instead of all curved around:) He put on his new sandals that he loves and went by the front door and told me "mommy mon" (which mean c'mon). I was frantically looking for my keys and trying to remember to take our vitamins and trying to make sure I grabbed everything and I went around the corner by the front door and I just looked at my big boy who is now 2 saying come on mommy like he was ready and had all his stuff together and his juice and here I am at 22 running around like my head is chopped off. He is growing up so fast that sometimes I wish it would just slow down and stall for a little bit.
Tonight we are going to the park where his party is going to be on Sunday to figure out where we're going to set everything up and then we're taking him to eat and having some cake. He will also get to open all the presents from Mommy and Daddy tonight even though he already opened one of them because he was with me when we bought it and he couldn't contain himself to wait;) We put alot of thought this year into his gifts instead of just buying him junk and toys that never get played with so hopefully he loves all of them:):):)
New Upcycle Ideas 841
3 days ago

2 comments:
I loved reading Dalton's birth story! I completely know what you mean about just wanting him out (did you ever read how I pushed for 4 hrs?!) I can't believe they told you you were dilating too fast - wow, isn't that the point?!! I'm glad that everything turned out well in the end! It sounds like he's going to have a great birthday celebration!
P.S. I forgot to mention that is so funny that you guys postponed baby #2, too! It's fun having so many similarities with you :-) And the story with your grandmother's name - I'll be interested in reading more about that! Thanks so much for the comment about Logan's haircut :-)
Post a Comment